Microsoft has already revealed its plan about the next-generation gaming console device Xbox 720, a direct competitor of Sony’s gaming console PlayStation 4. Microsoft has sends out the media event to announce the Xbox 720, but people are still sketchy on the details about Xbox 720 gaming console that are available online. Xbox 720 Specifications and New features are the main concerns of the gamers, and people are getting hungrier to learn more about the console.
However, we have gone through a series of Xbox 720 Specification rumors, and found out a plenty of valuable information which is worth sharing with everyone. There are several claims made on the next-generation Xbox 720 profile, such as the ‘Always Online Internet Connection Requirement’. According to the leaked documents by VG-Leaks, the flagship version of Xbox (Xbox 720) will not be requiring an always on internet connection. But the Xbox Mini device which going to be a set top box like device such as an Apple TV for the gamers, will require the always on internet connection to play games and interact with gamers online.
With the launch of next-generation Xbox 720 device, Microsoft will be looking forward to going more social with the latest device in the market. Furthermore, they wants Xbox Live to be a Facebook & Twitter like social network of gamers. In addition to these social integration, Microsoft is pushing a karma based social network for the gamers that sync up their game play titles around the platforms.
Xbox 720 Most Leaked Specifications:
As a tighter competition with PlayStation 4, Microsoft is gearing up its Xbox 720 with two GPU’s system, and a critical powerful gaming pc architecture to bring more power in their console. Microsoft may use the AMD Graphics hardware in their Xbox 720 console. Some of the main specifications leaks are the including of Blu-Ray discs, and Wi-Fi Support into the device.
Xbox 720 will be featuring a 8GB of RAM, and an 8 core CPU x64 architecture to support long run tasks, and to perform high end gaming graphics rendering.
– x64 Architecture
8 CPU cores running at 1.6 gigahertz (GHz)
– Each CPU thread has its own 32 KB L1 instruction cache and 32 KB L1 data cache
– Each module of four CPU cores has a 2 MB L2 cache resulting in a total of 4 MB of L2 cache
– Each core has one fully independent hardware thread with no shared execution resources
– Each hardware thread can issue two instructions per clock
Storage and Memory:
– 8 gigabyte (GB) of RAM DDR3 (68 GB/s)
– 32 MB of fast embedded SRAM (ESRAM) (102 GB/s)
– from the GPU’s perspective the bandwidths of system memory and ESRAM are parallel providing combined peak bandwidth of 170 GB/sec
– Hard drive is always present
– 50 GB 6x Blu-ray Disc drive
– Gigabit Ethernet
– Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct
– Move engines
– Image, video, and audio codecs
– Kinect multichannel echo cancellation (MEC) hardware
– Cryptography engines for encryption and decryption, and hashing