As stated in a previous article, the latest reports point towards the fact that Apple is going to hold another press conference on October 16th when the new iPad Air 2 will be announced. What’s interesting is the fact that there isn’t really a lot of hype about this which indicated that Apple isn’t truly planning of making a big deal out of this.
Anyway, the event will most likely bring in the expected and well-anticipated iPad Air 2 which is great news. While there probably won’t be any amazing changes, we’re still going to see some great improvements along with the possible release of the iPad Pro.
With this in mind, here’s a complete list of the most expected iPad Air 2 features at this very moment in time:
- New speaker design which now features one full row of holes for the sound, instead of two as we were used to seeing until now. This probably means that Apple has also planned some sound changes, to make the iPad Air 2 give out better and louder sound.
- Touch ID which is also known as the ability to unlock your iPad through the help of your fingerprint. Now, thanks to the release of iOS 8, Touch ID can also be used for other operations such as paying with the help of the smart new feature known by the name of Apple Pay which already has a large number of fans all around the world.
- 2 GB of RAM, for the better applications and games that will later be released, but also for allowing iOS 8 to run at tis full power, thus transforming the iPad Air 2 into what a great portable computer should be.
- The new chip, also known by the name of A8/M8 which will also be released in order to make the iPad Air 2 faster from all the points of view.
- A possible gold colour model for the iPad Air 2, just like the iPhone 5S and the iPhone 6.
- A great new feature that is also expected is known by the name of ‘Split Screen Mode’, which will allow you to use different apps at the same time, just like it can already be done on a wide variety of devices which run on Android.
While these features are indeed great, it can be wise not to expect anything too big, but instead look forward to the iPad Pro announcement, if there will be one after all. What do you think about the rumours so far?