If you want to open a webpage that is not accessible because of some network problem or the page has been removed from the website entirely, then do not lose your hope. Ways are there to recover backed-up version of the webpages from the internet. The steps are simple enough to follow and it will be helpful to you if you find that the links you were following for months are no longer working.
Below are the ways to recover a webpage that has been deleted or is not accessible:
Archive.orgs is one of the best tools available in the market to recover deleted webpages. This tool has saved webpages over 435 billion though all of them are not on the internet, but still impressive. Here are the steps:
- First open Wayback website.
- At the top enter the missing webpage or website’s URL that you want to open.
- Now Browse History needs to be clicked.
- You will get to see a calendar view. You need to select the year and date from the months.
- You are done. A saved version of the page from that selected date will be shown to you.
Search Engine cache
If you want to view a page that was removed from the website recently, then you can get it using search engine such as Google, Bing and Yahoo. If you find the page at search engine, you will be able to load a backed up copy of that page.
- Open any of the search engines, but Google works best, so you can use Google.
- If you know the URL of the deleted webpage, enter it in the search bar or you can also search for the page to get the link.
- A line of green text will be shown to you under the blue text of the link. The green line text is the URL of that webpage. The down arrow next to the green text needs to be clicked.
- Click on Cached. A saved version of the page will be shown with other details like when the backup was made.
- Click on the Text-only version which is located at the top right side if the page is not loading properly. This way you won’t see the images those were in the page but the important data will be there.
Leave a Reply