The process of bringing an iPhone in recovery mode and getting out of this mode is quite simple which follows the same steps for all the operating systems iOS 7, iOS 8 and iPad. Here I am describing both the process to put an iPhone in recovery mode and get out of this.
Method to put the iPhone in Recovery mode
1. First check if your iTunes is updated in your system (PC, laptop or computer anything). And connect a data cable to the USB port.
2. Your iPhone or iPad that you want to take in recovery mode first needs to be turned off by holding the sleep or wake button till the red bar appears.
3. Switch off the phone now by swiping it to the right.
4. Next connect that USB cable with the iPhone or iPad and hold the Home button.
5. The Apple logo will be appeared now and it will be then changed to Recovery graphic.
6. Release the home button and the iTunes will give a message saying that the iPhone is in recovery mode.
7. Now restore all the saved data as back up in your system using iTunes.
Method to out the iPhone from recovery mode
1. To get out of recovery mode check that the USB cable is connected to the system and your iPhone.
2. Now press and hold the Home and Sleep or wake button together until the Apple logo appears. First the graphic recovery will be disappeared followed by a black screen which then makes visible the white Apple logo.
3. Keep the USB cable connected until the lock screen of iPhone is appeared.
4. The phone is out of recovery mode now.
Also there are some utilities that can make the iPhone out of recovery mode without losing any data. TinyUmbrella is one such utility that can help in this process.