One of the best and useful features of today’s browsers is desktop notifications. Without interrupting your work, you can have a glance or preview of your mails, messages or any gaming scores. But sometimes it becomes annoying especially when notifications for the advertisements and spam start coming. So if you want to stop the notifications on Google chrome when too many sites have started sending notifications, follow the below steps. The steps are quite simple:
- Open the Settings page of Google Chrome. In the address bar, you can also type chrome://settings and then press the Enter key or you can also click the hamburger icon which is located at the top right > Settings.
- Scroll the screen down and hit the Show advanced settings.
- Click Content Settings which you will find under Privacy.
- Go to Notifications.
- If you want to see notifications from some specific websites, then you need to click “Ask when a site wants…. notifications”. Now if you permit them, then only they will show notifications.
- Now hit Manage expectations to check the site list that you gave permission for notifications. Click the Close (X) at the right of any of those URLs if you do not want to see notifications from a site.
Following these steps you can stop the websites from sending desktop notifications but an extension or app can still send notifications. Below are some steps to disable the notifications from the Google chrome extensions or apps.
Steps for Windows 7 and 8 users
- Go to the desktop or press Windows key + D.
- At the bottom right of the screen, notification bar is there. Left click on the belled shaped Google Chrome notifications icon. If you do not find it there, click the up arrow icon which you will find at the start of the notifications bar. Click on the bell once you see it.
- Click on the gear icon.
- Unmark the extensions or apps from which you do not want any notifications.
Steps for Mac users
- Click the bell icon in the menu icon of the system.
- Click on the gear icon and then unmark the extensions or apps from which you do not want any notifications.
Leave a Reply