If you own an iOS device such as iPhone or iPad, then you know that the Home button has a great use. This button is the thing that makes it easy to use an iPad or iPhone. Whatever you are doing on the screen no matter, to get back to the home screen you can always press this home button.
On many android devices, the home button is a software button which sometimes does not work properly as it disappears in the apps and you stuck. But for iOS devices the physical home button is always there. For additional functions, sometimes users also tap the home button two times or thrice on iOS devices.
But sometimes, the button becomes unresponsive because of this extensive usage. So it becomes very annoying especially if you are using an older iOS device which does not have the facility of supporting gestures. In case if you face such problem, then you can enable the software home button option on your iPhone or iPad.
If you do not know the process, here are the steps for you:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Navigate to General > Accessibility.
- Scroll the screen down and go to Interaction and then touch on AssistiveTouch.
- Now toggle the AssistiveTouch to the green on the next screen.
- You will get to see a white circle with a grey box on screen. In order to expand the circle into a big box, tap on the circle. You will see a square home button located at the bottom of the box. It will function exactly same as the physical home button. The touch screen home button can be used for single tap and double tap. You will be able to use this software button for all apps as the grey box stays visible for all apps.