Facebook made headlines last month with the announcement of its all-new Paper application that focuses on bringing latest-news with mix content to users. Paper has finally made its debut in the App Store for iOS devices and requires iOS 7+ running devices to work.
Facebook’s all-new Paper application is highly focusing on curating news from all over the world with new / individual voices reaching the top of media layer. Paper is something not that you see coming out from Facebook everyday; it is a superb project so far from Facebook. Facebook Creative Lab is said to be behind this Paper project, and Facebook Editors handpick featured content to show for every individual user.
Facebook’s Paper app for iOS comes with huge directory of topics to share. You can read about anything on your iPhone from social network’s largest database of content. It ranges from Business to Enterprise, Food to Traveling, Tech to Home, and every other thing that people love to read on their devices.
The user-interface of Facebook’s Paper app is pretty beautiful as it is carrying an edge-to-edge full screen interface for iOS users. The idea of Facebook’s Paper app is very similar to Flipboard; furthermore it is also carrying similar on-screen gestures to let users explore data.
Flipboard has gained a serious competition from Facebook in the shape of Paper. Facebook claimed that Paper to serve new stories without any adverts on iOS devices.
Paper for iOS goes available in App Store this morning, but it will take time in reaching all App Stores across the world. Here is what Facebook has to say about Paper application:
From iTunes release notes:
- Browse stories from your Facebook News Feed in beautiful new layouts.
- Customize your Paper with sections about your favorite themes and interests.
- Unfold beautifully designed article covers for news and stories from trusted sources.
- Tilt the screen to explore vivid high-resolution photos and see details u0p close.
- Watch fullscreen videos that come to life and fill the screen.
- Use simple, natural movements to thumb through Paper uninterrupted.
- Craft your own stories and see exactly what your posts will look like before you share them.