You may want to downgrade iOS firmware for any reason and there are many tools in the Jailbreak market that allow you to do that quickly and easily. Of all the tools and tweaks, Beehind downgrades your iOS device without SHSH blobs and offer compatibility for a range of iOS versions and devices.
Those who can’t use OdysseusOTA due to compatibility issues can use Beehind to downgrade iOS firmware of their compatible devices. OdysseusOTA allows you to downgrade iOS firmware without SHSH blobs but it has compatibility issues. Even with its second version, it could support only iPhone 4s and iPad 2. The downgrading facility is also only to iOS 6.1.3.
This lack of support by OdysseusOTA gave way to Beehind, the tool that you can use to downgrade iOS firmware on varied iOS versions and devices. Beehind is a relatively new tool which allows you to downgrade iOS firmware using Windows computer. It requires Windows Vista or higher and is compatible with all iOS devices with 32bit CPU. Beehind is essentially similar to OdysseusOTA except for larger compatibility and GUI based function.
Downgrade iOS on iPhone/iPad with Beehind
Beehind offers many interesting features such as:
- You can downgrade all iOS devices with 32-bit CPU and known decryption keys.
- Beehind allows you tethered downgrade without SHSH for all A4 devices with limera1n to all iOS versions with tethered boot utility.
- Beehind downgrades iOS firmware without using iTunes. The downgrade and restoration, both are one-click processes with Beehind.
- Kloader can also allow Beehind to repartition dual boot and permanent Jailbreak in a different partition.
Beehind downgrade iOS firmware with kloader which loads a decrypted image and lets you bootstrap a pwned iBSS. This over-air-downgrade method results in restoration to a custom IPSW. Some downgrades involve iFaith’s method of downgrading but Odysseus’s method used by Beehind to downgrade iOS firmware is by far the most stable.
How to use Beehind to downgrade iOS firmware
It is easier to use as compared to OdysseusOTA because it only requires you to connect your iOS device with your windows computer and then click on Build IPSW. Beehind will take care of the rest of the process to downgrade your iOS firmware.
- Launch Cydia and download Beehind.
- Open Beehind. Make sure to download the latest version.
- Click on “Choose” button.
- Select original iOS 6.1.3 IPSW for your device.
- Wait for it to analyze your device for compatibility. It will show a confirmation dialog stating that you can downgrade your device without SHSH blobs.
- It will prompt you to insert ECID number.
- Wait for the link “New Apple Device found! Click here to get its ECID” to appear under the text box and click it
- This will open a dialog box. Click Yes
- Click Build IPSW.
- Wait for the directory to build. It will take some time.
- When it’s done, click OK and then OK again when prompted.
- Make sure that your device is connected and click “Enter Pwnd DFU mode.” Make sure you click only once.
- Wait for 30-40 seconds even if nothing happens.
- Your device screen will turn black as Beehind looks for devices in Soft DFU mode.
- You may see a warning message, just unplug or replug your device from the computer and click OK.
- Now Beehind will successfully detect your device in DFU mode. Click OK.
- Now close all the screens that open except Beehind. Don’t click anything except the “…” button.
- Select new IPSW file created by Beehind. Now click on Restore button.
- A cmd window will popup but you don’t need to do anything at all.
That’s all! Wait while Beehind downgrades your iOS firmware. Your device will boot itself once the downgrade process is complete.