A little time ago it was impossible to change iPhone carrier logo without Jailbreak. But, now we have a tool that lets you change iPhone carrier logo without Jailbreak and without a MAC. If you’re tired of seeing the default logo of your carrier on your iPhone or iPad, read along to know how to change iPhone carrier without Jailbreak.
It’s kind of dull having to see same iPhone carrier logo sitting boringly in the top left corner of your screen year after year. Whether you’re using Verizon, Sprint, or AT&T, you’re stuck with its logo for the years to come. Along with all the limitations you have to face, Apple also doesn’t let you customize the status bar of your iOS devices.
Jailbreak users can easily customize their status bar though. As usual, tweaks like Alkaline give iPhone users the freedom from limitations imposed by Apple. They can change iPhone carrier logo in the status bar. Then there is the popular Jailbreak tweak Zeppelin which is a carrier logo editor as well. You can use Zeppelin to customize and change iPhone carrier logo.
But what if you don’t have Jailbreak?
CarrierEditor: Change iPhone carrier without Jailbreak
If you don’t have Jailbreak on your iOS device, you can use software called CarrierEditor to change iPhone carrier logo. CarrierEditor is a Zappelin alternative for non-jailbroken devices that offers similar ability to edit iPhone carrier logo. Although it’s a good utility for Mac users but it’s useless for users of Windows computer. CarrierEditor only lets mac users to change iPhone carrier logo without jailbreak.
But, Windows users are not out of luck either. IOS developer Dany Lisiansky has released software like CarrierEditor for Windows users. The tool by the name of CustomCarrierLogo lets you change iPhone carrier logo with Windows computer as well.
How to change iPhone carrier logo with CustomCarrierLogo
- You can get CustomCarrierLogo from here
- Run CustomCarrierLog.exe to start setup
- Click on “Let’s get started” button.
- CustomCarrierLogo needs the version of your current carrier running on your device. Go to Settings > General > About on your iOS device to find carrier version number.
- Enter the version number in the software under Current Carrier Version.
- From the dropdown menu choose your device such as iPhone.
- Toward the right of the black logo, click on “Browse.” This will open up a number of etched logo labels for you to choose from. You can get logos from Cydia or download them from internet or any other logo pack.
- Once you’re happy with your selection, you need to build your carrier update bundle. Click on Create IPCC Carrier Bundle button to build it.
- Once your IPCC file is ready, connect your iPhone/iPad with your computer.
- Launch iTunes and wait for it to detect your device.
- Press and hold Shift key and click on Restore iPhone button.
- Select the IPCC file and click open to apply the carrier bundle update to your device.
- Once the loading of carrier update is complete, you need to reboot your device.
Once your iPhone or iPad reboots, you’ll see the change in iPhone carrier logo right away. If you were only looking to change the iPhone carrier logo this is an easy way to do that without jailbreak.
Since your device has no Jailbreak, you cannot do anything more with CarrierEditor or CustomCarrierLogo than to change iPhone carrier logo without Jailbreak. However, if you do have Jailbreak and can use Zeppelin, it will give you many interesting ways to change iPhone carrier logo. In the absence of Jailbreak, CustomCarrierLogo is an easy effective app to change iPhone carrier logo.