Apple has confirmed the WWDC 2014 via press release to media outlets that its annual developer conference will take place on Monday, June 2, at San Francisco’s Moscone West.
Worldwide Developers Conference 2014 is said to be the biggest technology focused conference of developers, and several media outlets including their technical heads are already planning to cover the event. WWDC 2014 is going to be a five-day conference focuses on the upcoming changes to iOS and OS X running devices.
As per the words from Apple, the WWDC 2014 will be focusing on software updates and new releases of beta versions. Apple is expected to announce the next-generation OS X and iOS 8.
Every year hundreds of developer sign up for the conference, and attend the events to get their hands on latest input from Apple. However, this year, Apple has adopted a method from Google that allows them to selectively choose conference attendees.
There are numerous rumors regarding the upcoming iterations of both OS X and iOS. Many claims that Apple is going to mix iOS and OS X at new level to make its eco-system more similar on different devices. We are hearing updates from our sources, but require more inputs before going public.
If you remember, last year, Apple sold out WWDC tickets in 120 seconds, however, this year we will see selective candidates making their way at conference in San Francisco.
Some of the highlights of WWDC 2014 include:
- More than 100 technical sessions presented by Apple engineers on a wide range of topics for developing, deploying and integrating the latest iOS and OS X technologies;
- more than 1,000 Apple engineers supporting over 100 hands-on labs and events to provide developers with code-level assistance, insight into optimal development techniques and guidance on how they can make the most of iOS and OS X technologies in their apps;
- the latest innovations, features and capabilities of iOS and OS X, and how to enhance an app’s functionality, performance, quality and design;
- the opportunity to connect with thousands of fellow iOS and OS X developers from around the world—last year more than 60 countries were represented;
- a new series of get togethers for attendees focused on particular topics with special guest speakers and activities;
- engaging and inspirational lunchtime sessions with leading minds and influencers from the worlds of technology, science and entertainment; and
- Apple Design Awards which recognize iPhone, iPad and Mac apps that demonstrate technical excellence, innovation and outstanding design.